- 2- 6-8 inch zucchini, sliced ½ inch and quartered, not peeled
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil(or to lightly coat bottom of skillet)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, or to taste
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh minced, basil, or to taste
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh minced parsley, or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, put olive oil and diced onion in skillet.
- Sautee until onion begins to turn translucent. (Do not burn, do not cook until onion becomes brown).
- Add the quartered zucchini. Sautee for about 5 minutes, or until the zucchini starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mean while in a medium bowl break eggs and beat. Add cheese and season.
- Cook until the zucchini becomes soft but holds it’s shape and still has a firmness to it.
- Add the basil and parsley.
- Add the egg mixture to the zucchini, stir beaten eggs gently into the zucchini. Lower heat, cover and allow the egg mixture to become firm.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with additional grated parmigiano reggiano cheese and chopped parsley.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4