Recipe: Citrus Fruit Tart
- 1/2 package (17 1/4-ounce size) Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 pint strawberries cut in half
- 2 oranges, peeled, cut in half and sliced
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 14- by 10-inch rectangle and place on baking sheet. Brush edges of rectangle with water. Fold over 1/2 inch on all sides and press firmly to form rim. Prick pastry thoroughly with fork.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden. (After 10 minutes baking time break any large air bubbles with fork.) Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, orange juice and orange peel. Spread on pastry. Top with strawberries, oranges and kiwi. Spoon marmalade over fruit. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours. Cut into rectangles.
- VARIATION: For round tart, thaw and unfold pastry as above. Roll into 13-inch square and trim to 13-inch circle. Place on 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush edge of circle with water. Fold over edge to make rim. Proceed as in step 2.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12